We are pleased to announce that we have maintained our ranking as a top band firm for Family/ Matrimonial – Wales from Chambers UK. Our wide range of expertise and experience has led to us being awarded more ranked individuals than any other firm in this practice area.
Melanie Hamer – Band 1
Thea Hughes – Band 1
Sarah Wyburn – Band 2
David James – Band 3
Band 1 – Family Law – Wales
What the team is known for
Renowned family law boutique handling all areas of private family law, including high net worth financial disputes, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, and Children Act proceedings. Provides a versatile range of services, including collaborative procedures and multi-jurisdictional issues. Also noted for its expertise in matters relating to civil partnerships and same-sex relationships. Offers further experience with marriage breakdowns involving domestic or substance abuse.
- A client describes the firm as “very knowledgeable, friendly and efficient.”
- Another reports: “I found the firm professional yet compassionate, thorough and therefore empowering, diligent and intelligent yet personable.”
- David James regularly advises clients on high-value financial procedures. An interviewee describes him as “very knowledgeable” and highlights that he “explains everything admirably – a true expert.”
- The well regarded Melanie Hamer demonstrates particular expertise in financial remedy and private law children proceedings
- Sarah Wyburn regularly advises clients on divorces involving high-value assets, including complex business arrangements. Clients value her “thoroughness and her great interpersonal skills.”
- Thea Hughes advises high net worth individuals on complex matrimonial finance disputes often involving businesses. She is also active in collaborative cases. One client notes: “Her attention to detail and thoroughness were astounding, and she left nothing unsaid or unexplained.”
See the full editorial.
Get in touch to speak with one of our leading family lawyers.
T: 029 2034 2233