If an unmarried couple’s relationship breaks down, there may be many difficult and emotional issues to be resolved.

It is likely that they will need to divide the assets which they own (both personal assets and property), but it can be confusing and stressful not knowing where to start, or where to find reliable advice on this subject.

With our years of experience and specialist expertise, Wendy Hopkins Family Law Practice can help guide separating and recently-separated couples through this process with the minimum amount of hassle, so that everyone involved can get on with their new lives.



The ideal solution is for separating couples to reach an agreement between themselves about how their assets should be divided.  We can give you the right advice on your rights and responsibilities, so that you can come to a fair agreement, and we can help to prepare a Deed of Separation reflecting that agreement.

If it is not possible to reach agreement, court proceedings may have to be issued, and the court will make a decision on what happens to the assets and property.  These proceedings can be both lengthy and costly, and it is always far better to reach an agreement if at all possible. 

However, sometimes matters cannot be resolved without going to court as the unavoidable last resort.  If this happens, we will be there to help you through the process. Our specialist team of dedicated family law solicitors can help provide clients with the appropriate expert legal advice to make sure your interests are protected as far as possible, and keep you updated every step of the way.



To discuss issues concerning your separation, or to book an appointment with one of our dedicated specialist lawyers, please call us on (029) 2034 2233, e-mail, or request a call or e-mail below.

Need to know more?