Judicial Separation

For some clients, it may be more appropriate to apply for a judicial separation, rather than a divorce.

This involves a court procedure which is virtually identical to a divorce, but at the end of the proceedings the court pronounces a Decree of Judicial Separation rather than a Decree Absolute, and therefore the spouses technically remain married to one another.

This may be suitable in the case of religious requirements or for those who for whatever reason wish to remain married while living otherwise separate lives.

Wendy Hopkins Family Law Practice has considerable experience of dealing with applications for judicial separation, and will handle your case in a sensitive and professional manner.


We recognise everyone is different, and that what is appropriate for one person may not be right for someone else.  We will be able to give you full, confidential advice on all of your options, and the next steps which are available to you in your particular situation.

If you have any further questions about judicial separation, or if you would like to book an appointment with one of our expert solicitors, please call us on (029) 2034 2233, e-mail, or request a call or e-mail below.

Need to know more?